IRISA – CNRS
Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, Irisa – Dyliss team
Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France.
Tel: +33 (0) 2 99 84 74 48
Anne Siegel is a research director at CNRS since 2010 and works at the Institut de recherche en informatique et systèmes aléatoires in the Bioinformatics Dyliss Group. She is a former student of ENS Lyon, laureate of the agrégation of mathematics, and she obtained her phD in mathematics at the University of Aix-Marseille in 2000. She joined IRISA as a CNRS junior researcher (2002). From 2012 to 2019, she was the leader of the Dyliss team (bioinformatics, systems biology) in the lab. She served in different national committees (comité national du CNRS, inria evaluation committee) and was also involved in gender equality actions. Between 2019 and 2021, she has been the head of the department “Data and knowledge management” and worked as “chargée de mission” at CNRS-INS2I. Since 2021, she is Deputy Scientific Director at CNRS (Institute for Information Sciences and Technologies – INS2i).
Her research activities were first focused on the interface between mathematics and computer science, through the study of symbolic dynamical systems in different application fields. She then re-oriented her research towards interfaces between biology and computer sciences, by developing symbolic methods for knowledge representation and integration, in order to analyse large-scale biological systems.
See the different responsibilities in my [CV to be updated]
- Institute for Information Sciences and Technologies (INS2I) at CNRS: deputy scientific director, in charge of interdisciplinarity, interfaces with other disciplines, GDR, and gender equality.
- Institute for Information Sciences and Technologies (INS2I) at CNRS: chargée de mission “bioinformatique”, responsible of the gender equality group (2019-2021).
- Former head of the “Data and Knowledge Management” department of the IRISA lab [website] [2019-2021]
- Former creator and co-animator of the french working group BIOSS (2014-2021)
- Co-leader of the WP4 of the IDEALG investissement-avenir project (2012-2020).
- Former responsible of the IRISA gender equality committee
- Panel member: ERANet in plant sciences, Cancer Plan in Systems Biology, HCERES, ANR (…)
- Former member of the laboratory council
- Member of the inria committee on gender equality (in charge of the working group dedicated to recruitment) [contributions] [charte égalité] [bias in recrutment]
- Former leader of the Dyliss team (IRISA & Inria Rennes) [2012-2019].
- Former nominated member of the Inria evaluation commitee [2015-2019].
- Former coordinator of an associated team Inria-Chile (2011-2017).
- Former nominated member of the CoNRS (section 01: mathematics) [2010-2012].
- Former elected Member of the Inria evaluation commitee [2008-11].
- Former member of the laboratory council (2006-2010)
Contracts funded by institutions
- Plant microbiomes (DeepImpact, PPR)
- Algal metabolism (Seabioz, ANR)
- Prolific. Metabolism of fermented products.
- Associated team France-Chile.
- Macro-alguae metabolism. ANR IDEALG. Investissement avenir bioressources et biotechnologies, 2011-2021
- TGF-SysBio. Cancer and micro-environment. Plan CANCER. INSERM. 2015-2018.
- Inria Project Lab AlgaeInSilico. 2014-2017.
- CIRIC-omics research line of the Inria center in Chile. Equipe Associée Inria-Chile (2011-2016): web-site
- Mecagenotox: modeling the toxicity of HAA. ANSES. 2013-2016.
- Cyanobacteria diversity. ANR Samosa. 2014-2017.
- Pea-aphid micro-RNA. ANR Mirnadapt. ANR Blanc SVE6 2011
- Fatty acid regulation. ANR Fatinteger. ANR Blanc SVE7 2011.
- Biotempo project, funded by ANR Blanc SIMI2 2010
- PHC procope (2011-13)
- Inria-Conycit IntegrativeBioChile (2011-2012);
- PEPS-CNRS Quantoursin (2010-2011; IRISA, LINA, UMR Mer&Santé Roscoff);
- ANR Sitcon (2006-09),
- ANR DyCoNum (2006-09),
- PHC Amadeus (2006-08), PHC SAKURA (2007-09),
- ARC Moca (2006-07),
- ACI MathResoGen (2003-06)
- K. Thuillier (phD, CNRS, started 2021)
- B. Ruiz (phD, Inrae/Inria, started 2021)
- C. Raphalen (engineer, CNRS, Prolific program, 2020)
- A. Belcour (engineer then phD, Inria, started 2019)
- P. Vignet (engineer then phD, Irset/Health dpt of univ, 2018)
- M. Louarn (phD, Inserm/Inria, started 2017-2020)
- M. Wery (phD, Ciffre Sanofi, started 2017-2020)
- M. Conan (phD, Irset/Health dpt of univ, 2017-2020)
- C. Frioux (phD, Inria, 2015-2018, Researcher at Inria)
- V. Delannée (phD, Région bretagne & ANSES, 2014-2017, NIH, Washington)
- J. Laniau (phD, Inria, 2013-2017)
- V. Picard (phD, Rennes 1/ENS, 2012-2015, Teacher in class preparatoires)
- S. Prigent (phD, MNRT, 2011-2014, researcher at INRA Bordeaux)
- S. Videla (phD, ANR Biotempo, 2011-2014. Engineer)
- A. Aravena, (co-supervised chilean phD, 2010-2013. Assistant professor in Turkey)
- O. Abdou-Arbi (phD, MnRT, 2010-2013. Assistant professor in Niger)
- C. Guziolowski, (phD, defense: 2010. Assistant professor in Nantes.)
- P. Veber (phD, defense: 2008. Research Engineer at CNRS in Lyon).
- M. Aite (Engineer, ADT Inria and then CNRS/IDEALG, 2015-2019)
- M. Chevallier (Engineer, ADT and then animation of Ecosyst network, 2014-2017)
- C. Bettembourg (Post-doc, ADT Mirnadapt, 2014-2015, Sanofi R&D)
- G. Collet (Post-doc/engineer, ANR Idealg, 2012-2015, Rennes university hospital)
- O. Quenez (engineer, ANR Fatinteger, 2013, Rouen university hospital)
- S. Thiele (post-doc, Inria, 2012-2013)
- P. Blavy (phD, defense: 2010; co-supervised with S. Lagarrigue)
- Post-doc : T. Baumuratova (2008-09, co-supervised with O. Radulescu)
- Post-doc: S. Blachon (2008-09, co-supervised with O. Radulescu)
- Master’s degree (systems biology) (2014 –> 2021)
- Modélisation des systèmes biologiques (Porquerolles, 2013, 2016, 2019 [slides] )
- Advances in synthetic and systems biology (Evry, 2018)
- Representing strings II. Tilings and Symbolic dynamics (Leiden, 2014)
- ASP and systems biology Integatrive omics, Chile, 2013.
- Modélisation des systèmes biologiques (Porquerolles, 2013)
- Ecoles jeunes chercheurs du GDR Informatique-Mathématiques 2012.
- Ecole systèmes complexes (Rennes, 2011)
- Séminaire biologie intégrative BioGenOuest (Bretagne 2011)
- Master’s degree (systems biology) (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Inria internal school (11/05) : modelling biological networks
- School on Combinatorics, Automata and Number Theory – Liège June 2009. Substitution, Rauzy fractals and tilings
- Dynamique du nombre d’or, Université d’été Sciences Mathématiques et Modélisation, Bordeaux (2005). [File: Dynamique du nombre d’or Slides 1. Le nombre d’or et Fibonacci; 2. Multiplier par le nombre d’or ; 3. Additionner le nombre d’or; 4. Géométrie des substitutions.]